‘Body Image’ is a four-part series of full-length documentaries exploring modern body issues.
Part 4 – ‘Cosmetic Surgery Gone Wrong’ – tells the tale of a selection of ordinary people who underwent plastic surgery, but for whom the results were disappointing, devastating… or even deadly:
– 42-year-old television reporter Mary Nissenson was left with nerve damage and in chronic, crushing pain following a face lift.
– Jane Verdeck, 50, wanted to erase sun damage and wrinkles, but ended up severely burned when carbon dioxide laser skin resurfacing went horribly awry.
– A massive bacterial infection after Lasik eye surgery almost rendered David Hart blind.
– 27-year-old Jody Canter and 38-year-old Leah Carlson both sought liposuction and ended up with poor results: Jody’s case was fixable, but Leah almost lost her legs and is still paying for her choice five years later.
– When Judy, the wife of Ruben Fernandez, died after 12 hours on the liposuction surgery table, grief drove him to fight for new laws governing cosmetic surgery safety.
– Finally, we hear from Jeanette Bernal, a Cuban immigrant who was a victim of unlicensed doctor Reinaldo Sylvestri – who operated in Florida, where a disturbingly high incidence of cosmetic surgery deaths occur…
FACEBOOK: Like Barcroft TV –
TWITTER: Follow @Barcroft_TV –
WEBSITE: For licensing & business enquiries,
visit the Barcroft Media site –